About our client
Our client empowers the service industries to move beyond automation toward ongoing digital transformation. With its toolsets, leadership, community, and methodology, it enables companies to revolutionize their business models and processes. Headquartered in Zurich with offices in Geneva, Ticino, New York, Toronto, Hong Kong, Singapore, and London, the company and its award-winning technology serve over 165 service institutions and 420,000 individuals worldwide.
As a Solution Engineer, you are responsible for defining and designing the architecture for new client initiatives. You lead workshops with clients, and work closely with colleagues from Professional Services and beyond to ensure client satisfaction with proposed solutions. You take user experience, system performance, the product itself, and many other aspects into consideration when identifying the best technical solution to the set of complex requirements you are presented with. You have a solid engineering background, as well as the capacity to adapt swiftly to different business contexts. You are able to rapidly pick up clients’ vocabulary, and quickly understand their goals.
In this role you will become an expert, helping clients and fellow developers solve intricate and challenging technical matters. As part of your job, you provide coaching and run troubleshooting sessions with clients and colleagues when a more in-depth understanding of the product is required. These sessions will often result in you needing to build prototypes or client-specific custom modules: the ability to execute hands-on assignments is therefore a must.
You will create collaterals and best practice guidelines based on your day-to-day experience. You will feed the department feature requests, bug reports, and ideas to help us improve the product, and steer the roadmap even closer to market needs.
- Master’s degree or PhD in software engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent academic record or professional certifications that demonstrate your ability to learn quickly
- 2+ years of experience in a hands-on, deeply technical, software development role
- 1+ years of experience as a software architect, with responsibility for designing the architecture for at least one project
- Experience in at least one large enterprise software architecture project, where scalability, security, and data integrity topics were relevant concerns
- Experience in developing at least one three-tier Web Application, and a good understanding of the technologies belonging to all three tiers
- Demonstrable proficiency in core programming languages (Java is preferred)
- Good knowledge of database technologies, including SQL language proficiency
- Demonstrable experience with various integration protocols, including different kinds of Web Service frameworks
- Business fluent in both English and German
- You have a positive, “can-do” attitude and are dedicated to continuous improvement
- You are a fast learner, passionate about technology and software, and always looking forward to learn about new paradigms and techniques
- You are a great problem solver, able to analyze multiple options and pick the most suitable path
- You possess strong verbal and written communication skills and do not shy away from customer interaction. You can present complex solutions within a customer-facing environment, using a communication style appropriate to the audience.
- You are organized, able to handle multiple assignments efficiently, and not fazed by rapid context-switching
- You like working on short-term assignments at short notice, rather than being involved in the same initiative for a longer timeframe
- You are ready and willing to support colleagues and clients in removing any roadblocks they are experiencing
Interested? Please do not hesitate to find out more about this unique opportunity and send your complete application file to email@example.com.
40| direct Link